29 April 2011
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil."
More often then not time is wasted, on immediate gratification or foolish entertainment. There's so much in this world to experience and share with others and many of us will let these things pass us by. There is no reason for this; take some time this weekend to establish (a) goal(s) for:
1. Physical training: to gain strength; to increase endurance and stamina, or to improve your flexibility and balance
2. Your lifestyle: adopt a healthier diet; drink more water (not everyone has this liberty); eat more green vegetables; quit an unhealthy habit; be active everyday, or take up a new activity or hobby; learn to cook
3. Relationships: stay in contact with family, friends, and loved ones (and not through Facebook) pick up the phone, write a letter;
spend quality time with each other, we're not here forever so take advantage; teach and share things you know with them
4. Mental fortitude: commit to something and see it through; say yes to anyone who asks for your help; commit new scripture to memory; read more books
5. Being prepared: learn skills that can help others (emergency medical skills - like CPR, the Heimlich Maneuver, treatment for anaphylaxis, rescue breathing, splint application, how to control severe bleeding, etc.); learn to effectively grow a garden; learn how to tie useful knots, or how to build a fire in the rain without accelerants; become proficient in a martial art
6. Getting outside: climb trees, rocks, hills, mountains, stairs; swim in rivers, ponds, lakes, the ocean; walk and hike down trails, through fields, along roads, on the beach; explore new places; lie down outside and relax; breathe fresh air
Whatever you choose to do, define and outline what you'd like to accomplish, then go do it! Always strive to be and do better, never stop learning, share what you know, and help others grow...