08 May 2011
"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him."
2 Chronicles 16:9
Top 25 things to Train
1. Clean and jerks - In the words of strength coach Dan John: "If all you did was Clean and Press, you could be awesome!"
2. Power cleans - a "favorite lift" among many greats
3. BW overhead squats - “It makes you one piece, an animal.”
4. Jump training – boxes, broad, depth, lateral, tuck, hurdles
5. Running endurance and sprinting
6. Strict pull-ups, ring dips, muscle-ups
7. Deadlift - this was the only weight lifting the ancient Greeks ever did and well, we all know they were legit
8. Single arm movements - simple to learn, super efficient
9. Burpees and all variations - everyone hates burpees, there's a reason...
10. Thrusters - a personal favorite
11. High rep KB swings - have been compared to and cited as being as effective as running
12. Rower sprints
13. Sandbag conditioning - a shifting and very taxing external load that equals superb core strength
14. LOTS of push-ups in all varieties, explosive and strict
15. Pistols on a KB - a true test of balance!
16. Wall climbs - try one, you'll learn why very quickly
17. HSPU on parallel bars, handstands, walking on hands
18. Planks and L-sits
19. Jumping rope
20. Rope climbing - this is a life skill, learn technique and build incredible grip strength
21. Front Squats - flexible, solid and strong
22. Tire flips, sledge hammer work, strongman carries - tried and tested, proven effective
23. “The Exercise” - "Easy to learn, hard to master, excellent long term benefits"
24. Sled pull/push - as functional as it gets...
25. Parkour - another life skill, environmental adaptation at its finest
ROM + Mobility Drills
10-8-6-4-2 Reps of
Deadlift 80% 1RM
Pistols each leg
HSPU's on 45# bumper plates
As fast as possible:
50-40-30-20-10 Reps of
KB swings 55/35 lbs.