23 June 2011
"But they that wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
50x Tire flips as fast as possible; however, every minute on the minute you must complete 5x burpees before continuing your flips
48 Hour Ruck - there is no RX'ed weight for your pack; however, carry essential survival gear, medical kit, rations, and appropriate attire to weather the elements. This is a skill oriented challenge paired with mental alertness and fortitude as well as physical stamina and endurance. Implement a survival shelter at every rest stop longer than 15 minutes. Practice emergency fire building with non-dominant hand and no accelerants or matches. Utilize night navigation skills and orienteering. Choose the hard route always and learn to safely negotiate the terrain. Post mileage covered in the time cap provided.
Optional Rules of Engagement:
1. Once started there is no quitting, save medical complications!
2. Every 3rd hour participant must stop and fill a sandbag and carry it for 25 minutes
3. Every 7th hour each participant must stop and do 50x burpees
4. If with a partner, twice during the event one participant must find a heavy log and carry it together as a team for 1 hour
5. At some point during the event participant must dig a hole at least 2 feet deep, and 4 foot squared.
6. Participant will cross a river 5x times, devising different methods based on level of current, depth, other obstacles and overall safety
7. 300x push-ups will be performed half way through the evolution
8. Each individual must climb 2x things with all their gear at some point
9. Each individual must spend a total of 2 mins. submerged underwater
10. After each river submersion one participant will build a fire without matches or a lighter utilizing only one hand